Home American Libraries | Canadian Libraries | Universal Library | Community Texts | Project Gutenberg | Biodiversity Heritage Library | Children's Library | Additional Collections

The works of Archimedes (1897)

fullscreen
Author: Archimedes; Heath, Thomas Little, Sir, 1861-1940
Subject: Mathematics, Greek; Geometry; Mechanics
Publisher: Cambridge, University Press
Pages: 528
Language: English
Call number: b13151022
Digitizing sponsor: Wellesley College Library
Book contributor: Wellesley College Library
Collection: Wellesley_College_Library; blc; americana

Introduction: I. Archimedes. II. Manuscripts and principal editions, order of composition, dialect, lost works. III. Relation of Archimedes to his predecessors. IV. Arithmetic in Archimedes. V. On the problems known as [neuseis] VI. Cubic equations. VII. Anticipations by Archimedes of the integral calculus. VIII. The terminology of Archimedes.--Works: On the sphere and cylinder, books I-II. Measurement of a circle. On conoids and spheroids. On spirals. On the equilibrium of planes, books I-II. The sand-reckoner. Quadrature of the parabola. On floating bodies, books I-II. Book of lemmas. The cattle-problem [including the solution of Wurm's problem by Amthor in Zeitschrift für math. u. phys. [Hist. litt. abth.] v. 25, 1880]

List of the principal works consulted: p. [xi]-xii

Average Rating: 5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars

Reviewer: akmfahad - 5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars - September 25, 2014
Subject: performance
good

Scanningcenter: boston
Mediatype: texts